View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2014, 06:58 AM   #10
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailer84 View Post
Bill, Thanks a lot! That is super useful! No need for the classic interface.
This isn't the same feature as email reflecting, which FM stopped supporting, is it?...
No, it has nothing to do with the discontinued email reflector, which involved using an email client (not the Fastmail web interface) at work.
Quote:
- Unfortunately, this doesn't work when replying from an IMAP client (Apple Mail in my case).
You have a choice when sending a message on whether to use an email client or the Fastmail website to create the message. The system you use controls how an email is addressed. So Fastmail has no control how Apple Mail creates the From address in your reply to a message. The only things that Fastmail can do are based on the From address matching a Fastmail Personality and the settings you have made for that personality. If your email client doesn't set the From address properly, Fastmail has no choice but to send emails as specified when using their SMTP.
Quote:
- When composing, the default email that's displayed in the from field is "myfmloginusername@fastmail.fm", I'd much rather have something else displayed rather than my fm login name as I only use it for log in. Is there any way to have it display another username by default such as "defaultusername@fastmail.fm", where I can change "defaultusername" or even [blank]@fastmail.fm, which would remind me that I need to enter something before the "@"?
The Advanced>Personalities screen controls the default settings controlling how messages are created and sent. You can specify a certain personality which is used by default on the Compose screen. You can only do this when the address does not contain a wildcard. Choose a certain personality and use the Make default Personality button in the upper right.

I don't think there is a way to remind yourself to enter a specific address when starting a new message in the Compose screen. As I said, the replies can be made automatic (from the subdomain address which was used in the message sent to you).

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote