View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2016, 05:29 AM   #62
Csin

Too much hassle for me. Don't have a pocketphone, don't want one, and if I did get a 'burner', I sure wouldn't be giving the number out to live.com, yahoo, etc. I took the easy way, and replaced yandex with 'mail-online.email' account. Its trouble free so far. And yes, Yandex did require a phone number...I filled out their form three times before I realized it wasn't working not because I couldn't guess the captcha, but because I refused to give a phone number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie007 View Post
As far as Yandex goes you do NOT need to have a mobile phone to create an account nor to be able to operate the account!!!
For mail.ru goes the same. And I am sure there are more (free) email providers out there that do NOT ask for a mobile phone number. And if you still want to use such service but NOT want to give your real cellphone number there are plenty of free apps arround which give you US or Canadian numbers...to which they can send the confirmation sms. If you look good you might also find some European virtual cellphone numbers...

I agree fully that the security measures with a gmail account are getting more and more troublesome if you travel a lot or if you use a VPN service..!

Dutchie.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote