View Single Post
Old 3 May 2020, 10:17 AM   #21
Cory
Essential Contributor

What are your thoughts on Roundcube? https://roundcube.net

Pretty much every web hosting account has Roundcube built-in. You could always get a hosting account located in a country you like, and use the email built into it? Won't be the best...but it won't be the worst either .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
This is frustrating. I think I've been spoiled by the well-oiled webmail clients for Fastmail, Gmail, Outlook, etc... webmail is really important to me, so I'm having a tough time.

My personal non-5-eyes list was:

Tutanota, ProtonMail, Mailbox.org, Posteo, Startmail, Soverin, Mailfence, Runbox, Countermail, CTemplar, and KolabNow

And now after a lot of personal testing and/or research, it's down to Tutanota, Mailbox.org, Posteo, and Kolab Now. More testing to come.

At the same time, like I mentioned in a previous post, I'll still keep Fastmail for some things, plus I have the standard ubiquitous Google + Microsoft offerings for specific features I am unfortunately stuck with for work/clients. But I hope to move as much as I can to one (or maybe two) of the four new services I'm checking out.

TBH, Mailbox.org and KolabNow are taking the lead for me. Seem pretty solid and businesslike so far. Tutanota is so affordable I'll probably keep that just because I like the encryption features and elegant simplicity. And Posteo is strangely growing on me, but it just feels a bit too much on the "vegan activist" side of the spectrum for me. Nothing against vegans or activists.
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote