View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2016, 04:02 PM   #7
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

I use my client (Claws Mail) to download messages from 16 accounts. One account is a local account. The rest are from external providers. All of these accounts with the exception of two use the POP3 protocol to download and delete the messages from the servers Inbox. The POP3 accounts (except for one) share the same mail box with the standard folders (Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Queue, Trash and Spam). New messages are filtered to various subfolders, on a good day there will be no new messages in the Inbox after checking mail. They have been placed in one of the subfolders. The one exception has its own mail box, with its own set of folders.

One account uses IMAP4 protocol to sync the client message store with the server message store. The other is a local account, which is simple read off my systems Inbox.

With my client I can check all of the accounts, or selected accounts.

I do have a couple of email Apps installing on my cell phone, but rarely use them. I prefer my client. I usually only check mail (all accounts) once a day.

I never stay logged in, I could set my client to check for new messages on a periodic basis but prefer to fire it up once a day, manually check for new messages (one button click), process them as needed (replies, etc.) and then close the client.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote