View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2017, 04:54 PM   #15
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFK View Post
Just today I registered new yandex.com email and I was not able to send and receive email despite the fact that I added phone number (Google Voice) for verification. I got strange error "invalid contact: while sending email from @yandex and "invalid mailbox" error while trying to send email from gmail to yandex (return to sender email with invalid sender error).

Same happened with mail15.com service (also Russian email service), but errors were slightly different..

I am afraid Russian is closing their digital services to foreigners because authorities do not have mechanism to authenticate non-russian phone numbers.

Tell you what.....you do NOT need a cellphone number to open a new Yandex account..!!!
Did you try it?
But I think the "west" is closing its internet borders for Russian IT services; we can discuss if this is legit or not....thats my opinion. Yandex has offices in Switserland,Germany and the Netherlands...pretty soon they MIGHT have also servers located fe in Norway or in Iceland or other European countries...would NOT surprise me at all.

Dutchie.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote