View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2021, 03:31 AM   #2
InquiringMind

If you have an IMAP account where the emails remain on the server, I would suggest to you that you should try to completely uninstall Thunderbird and then do a clean re-install of the program and setup the account again. If your problems started after an update, install the earlier version that worked okay. If the program has not been updated before the problems started, look for a later version. The check for updates does not always work correctly. You can also try a beta version.

I have tried a variety of email clients for IMAP over the years. Most recently I have used Thunderbird in various versions and Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2016. Outlook excells at two things, sorting through thousands of emails to see which to save, and which to delete, and archiving emails. In all other regards, free Thunderbird is superior. Outlook is full of quirks that are never fixed and extremely frustrating. Of course if you buy it as part of MS Office Home and Business, you get all the other programs like Word, that justify, sort of, the price. But I would rather fight to try to get Thunderbird working than suggest purchasing Outlook.

Hope this is helpful.
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote