View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2019, 01:01 PM   #9
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Its in advanced in reading not actually a script but a selection box with script type thing in it....sorry dont know the technical term
Ok, but even if it's a setting can you describe exactly where you are seeing it in the advanced settings and it's wording? I see nothing that fits under Reading, Compose & Reply. Nothing about what we're taking about makes sense under those section anyhow. Maybe my eyes are going.

Update after replying to Bamb0 below:
By the way I hope you aren't referring to specifying X-Spam-Score to Extra Headers under Reading? Because if you are then see why I don't consider that as a substitute for Add Spam's {SPAM XX.X} subject prefix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Why would they want it to go away??

If someone cant set the score they may get MORE SPAM.. Is that what FM wants??

Sounds like it
Add Score is the option to insert the string {SPAM XX.X} (XX.X is the spam score) before the subject on emails considered as spam. It's only relation to the spam threshold setting is that stuff not considered as spam, i.e., below the spam threshold setting, is not prefixed with {SPAM XX.X}. The setting of the spam score limits is unaffected by this.

Yes, it's redundant in the spam folder since messages there also display the spam score as a badge before the subject ion the spam folder display. But if you set up filtering to move certain categories of spam to your own folders, without the {SPAM XX.X} prefixing, the spam score info is lost. Although you can add the option to display X-Spam-Score in the emails headers that means opening up each email to see what the score is. I find it very convenient to just see the scores in my special spam category folders just at a glance.

Last edited by xyzzy : 21 Sep 2019 at 01:34 PM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote