View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2024, 09:25 PM   #5
TenFour
Master of the @

I see this text on the Microsoft page:
Quote:
Important: Reactions only fully work when the reactor and the sender of the email both have Exchange Online mailboxes. If the sender of the email is not on Exchange Online, then the reaction will be sent in the form of a fallback email instead.
I wonder how these Reactions behave if the email is forwarded outside of Exchange? I can see this being a huge mess in large companies, where probably 90% of the staff use iPhones and Macs and use Apple's email clients.

Here's some further information from another site:
Quote:
Outlook for Windows, Outlook for Mac, Mail for Windows 10, older versions of Outlook for iOS or Android, and non-Microsoft email clients, as well as Exchange Server with hybrid modern authentication are not supported in this initial release. Users with these apps and services will not be able to apply or see reactions, but they will receive one email per day alerting them of reactions applied to their sent emails.

Reactions applied to emails from outside your tenant are not supported in this release. Users on a different tenant will not see reactions applied to their emails, nor will they receive an email alerting them of reactions applied to their sent emails. This is expected to be improved upon in a future release.
https://www.adaquest.com/outlook-rea...on-experience/
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote