View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2018, 02:56 AM   #6
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Something I do on some sites if I want to be sure that a registration has worked and that the password value I 'wrote' down (by which I mean typed) is correct is log out (if the registration process left me logged-in) and try immediately to log on again with what I think the userid and password are.

When you say "I have found that lately some long used pw’s have been rejected" did you mean long-UNused?

If you're regularly using sites which reject you if you haven't used them for ages, maybe you need a reminder program so that you do login once every month or two, just to show you're still one of their users.

I don't use gmail so I've no idea if they suspend long-unused accounts, but I don't think it's unreasonable that they might warn you if you try to login more than 18 months after last using the account. From their point of view it must be quite unlikely that you're you... more likely that someone else is trying to use your account. In fact, I'm surprised they still think it IS your account.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote