View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2019, 04:03 AM   #8
noaheverett

Hello, I'm the maker of https://pingly.com. I wanted to answer the questions in this thread:

Search recent 5k messages
- No limit on search for email messages currently.
- I should have made this more clear, my fault. This is for channels (chat) messages only, similar to Slack and how they limit search to x amount of messages in their free plan.

Sent folder
- This was done as a design choice to have everything in the Inbox for simplicity sake, however it's been requested quite a bit so I will be implementing a traditional "Sent" folder.

POP/IMAP/SMTP/Email Forwarding
- SMTP sending and email aliases (internal fowarding) (ex: support@domain.com is an alias of user@domain.com) are going live soon. First one will be email aliases which should be next week and SMTP shortly after I hope.
- IMAP is planned and in the works, however I don't have an ETA yet

Anyone using Pingly
- Although biased, I use it daily for all my projects and so does my wife for her online business and retail store
- There are quite a few active users who use Pingly regularly
- There are teams that use Pingly since it integrates channels (chat) and email into one platform

Email sending limits
- Right now this is to protect against spammers from using Pingly to send spam. There isn't a hard limit on free accounts, it's based on usage factors which are looking to prevent spam.
- If you hit a limit on the free account, email me at noah@pingly.com and I can work to accommodate

iOS app, but no Android
- Correct we don't have an Android app yet, also planned
- iOS is live and a big update for that is in the works

Is it backed by a resourceful party in order to survive on the long term
- I understand the skepticism and you should be skeptical. Services shut down right and left these days.
- I built Pingly to solve my own issues with email and use it daily. I'd miss it too much if I shut it down and it doesn't cost too much at all to run (at least at the moment). So even if it no one was using it, I'm using it

If you have any questions or feedback, email me at noah@pingly.com or I'm on Twitter @noaheverett
noaheverett is offline   Reply With Quote