View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2017, 10:39 PM   #146
andretchen

Too bad really - some features of Classic to preserve: inclusion of images via link

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul29 View Post
There is a hacky way to do that which I don't feel like figuring out right now. But basically you go to the Files screen, import the picture from the web link into your storage area through some confusing tool there, then go back to the mail screen, attach the pic from storage, send, and then optionally delete the pic from storage. It's still in your sent folder so you may want to delete the attachment from your sent copy if you're worried about space.
Well, that is precisely what I suggested, better even to use a temp buffer, I don't even need that jpeg in my file storage since it's in the text now - it could be labelled hacky but it is a real convenience from the user's point of view if you think about it: I write a note and want to illustrate in-body a point, and I have just the photo in my public flickr stream (or other), then all I have to do is get the URL of that photo.. instead of downloading etc

I'd really like if that simple automation were done within FM, so we'd have the same quick functionality of Classic when we want to insert a picture from a web page - actually entering the URL of that original page in the exif comment of that image would be great too.

A default resizing to 800 pix wide would be nice, respecting scaling - there may be some problem with the Current interface, I never tested what it does in rescaling if it does, but I know is screws up a normally entered image (not rescaled) in Classic.

As an aside, inserting an image instead of via a link is preferred because most corporate systems will not allow an image in an email to be pulled off the web by the recipient. I've been using that out of ..uh convenience, and using the new interface to be OK with these corporate correspondents.
andretchen is offline   Reply With Quote