View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2014, 01:23 PM   #26
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
I had trouble logging in, after I created an account and then logged out. However, after closing the tab and then opening a new one, I was able to login successfully.

- Bruce

edit: I just tried logging in again, after my browser had been closed and my laptop re-booted, and I had to enter my info twice. The first time, I got the red banner stating 'wrong username or password', but the second attempt (with the same info) was successful. The email address that the beta invite approval comes from is 'no-reply@...', their support email address is 'ProtonMail Support <support@protonmail.ch>'.
I had a very similar, if not identical, experience the first, and last, time I succeeded in logging in. However, no matter how many times I've attempted repeating that procedure, I've only gotten the "wrong user name or password" message. No luck at all. In private correspondence with the proprietors, they removed my "approved" name and I started over again by selecting a new user name and, after they "approved" it, I've since been unable to login no matter how, or how long, I've tried.

I honestly don't see how I could possibly be doing anything "wrong" with such extremely simple directions, whether it's a problem of some kind with my browser or who knows what. But it simply doesn't work for me. And failing to do something as basic as logging into an "approved" email account through what should be such a simple procedure, I really see nothing further worth doing but giving up at this time. Perhaps later it may be worth a try, but I'm not going to spend my whole life just trying to log into an email account.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote