View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2017, 07:20 AM   #360
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Since I have physical control and startup password access to my PC, I very rarely log out. I can then unlock the PC and the Fastmail website automatically updates when that browser tab is viewed. If I was using PC's I didn't own and control I would of course log out and clear cookies. It only takes two keypresses or two mouse actions, so it's very easy. Many other features (such as Help or Notes or Files or Calendar or Address Book) would be more suitable for a button than log out, in my opinion. But I don't want any of them to fill up my screen!

Most people use mobile devices more often than desktop PC's these days, and there just isn't room for all of those buttons on the small screen. Can you imagine using the conventional Thunderbird or Outlook user interface or the Fastmail Classic interface on a full Windows display on a mobile phone? It would be impossible. This is the main reason that user interfaces have been simplified over the last decade, hiding less-used features until they are needed. You only need to use the log off feature one time (or less) per session!

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote