View Single Post
Old 6 May 2017, 05:22 AM   #1
felixthecat

Two Very Reliable Yahoo Accounts Dead

I have a business and home phone number. Many years ago, I made a terrible mistake. I gave my
"real" home number to one of the biggest online retailers. My home was drowned with robocalls.
During that time, my father was living with us. He was extremely ill. I don't know why, but he ran
to answer all those scam calls. Obviously, I was forced to change my home phone number.

I have two Yahoo accounts that go back to 2000. (Yahoo email launch date-1997.)

Recently, Yahoo insisted I change passwords. No problem. After several days they demanded a contact
phone number for "my protection." All large corporations have a privacy policy, but buying and selling
lists of phone numbers is a multi-billion dollar business. I couldn't risk giving them a real phone number,
so I provided fakes. If that's a crime, then I'm guilty of being a rational person!

Yesterday, I got an "unusual activity" notice when I tried to access my accounts. They want me to call
using the fake numbers I provided. I've never had the slightest problem with either, so I don't know why
Yahoo has destroyed my email accounts.

Many states and the federal government have passed laws about scam robocalls. They don't work. I'm
99.99% certain I'd be flooded with robocalls if gave Yahoo my home or business phone number.

I'm sure Yahoo has customer support phone numbers. If I called, what could I say? My 17 years as a Yahoo
customer is over.
felixthecat is offline   Reply With Quote