View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2018, 05:12 PM   #1
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

FM changes mail font - I think

I belong to one of the the google groups. I get it's discussions on my gmail account. I've linked my FM account to that gmail account so I can see stuff directly in FM. The latest newsletter had an entry where someone typed "I can’t think of..." (that's copy/pasted directly from the text in gmail). When it reaches my FM webmail the quote in "can’t" is replaced by black diamond with a question mark in the middle.

If that was the convention that FM displays in their webmail I could understand things like that can happen if a character is not in the display set. But if I forward that email from FM to another account or access it with my Thunderbird that black diamond remains which leads me to believe the character has been modified in the email text itself.

Is there any way to get FM to leave the font alone in the actual email body?

FWIW, to illustrate what I am seeing I posted a picture in google photos (part as an experiment since I never used google photos before). Here's the link to the photo -- I hope. If you can see it the one at the top is the original and the one at the bottom is what FM displays it as.
------
Note, it can be inconvenient we can't embed photos in this forum.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote