View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2017, 09:51 AM   #21
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
...I didn't receive any vacation messages before, I was mistaking the email that I was sending to myself as the vacation response, even though the text of the email and the vacation message were totally different from each other!...
OK. Are you sending the test messages from a different email account (either at Fastmail or another service)? I would not enable both the regular vacation message in the Settings and vacation sieve I posted. My suggestion is to disable the Settings>Vacation feature and add the sieve code I posted where I suggested. Save your sieve code (very important), then try sending a test message to the main (login) email address for your account. You should get an immediate auto-reply if this is the first time you have activated the sieve commands I posted. If you had them there before, make some small change to the time in seconds and the text then save those changes before running the test.

On three Fastmail accounts with 60 seconds specified in the vacation sieve statement I only get one auto-reply. If I wait several messages and send another test message there is no auto-reply.

Fastmail staff will be looking into this tomorrow.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote