View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2019, 08:57 AM   #4
InquiringMind

TenFour,

I am going to reprint my post from the other thread so that it will be easier for people to read this thread.

Reprint:

I have tried many email services thought not everyone as some of the folks on the forum have.

Of the paid services I have tried, I consider Fastmail to be the best overall.

Inbox has many nice features and a reasonable price considering the space you are allocated, but there is little support and if you have a problem, you may have to wait several days to get help.

Polarismail is pretty good for sending out newsletters and their price is very nice, but their web interface leaves a lot to be desired. I cannot get Thunderbird to download emails quickly in IMAP, so you'll need MS Outlook if you want fast downloads from Polarismail.

Amongst Free services, you cannot beat GMail for features, but I still do not trust them not to read my emails and send targeted ads or worse.

GMX mail works very well, though their web interface is not one of the better ones.

Tutanota has been very reliable and gives you a very confident feeling regarding privacy, but their web interface is relatively crude.

Openmailbox is slow and was out of service for many months. I cannot in good conscience recommend them.

Scryptmail and Hushmail are no longer free and there is regrettably not
enough benefits there for me to recommend.

I have not had the chance to try Proton mail yet, and I am looking forward to having the time to try it.

I would not waste time with Yahoo or Windows Live (or whatever they are calling it today). They are worse hack bait than GMail. GMail warns you if someone is trying to log on from a different IP. I suspect them also of selling your info regardless of what they claim.

I hope this is useful to you and let us know what you ultimately end up doing.

HTH

End Reprint.
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote