View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2018, 05:13 PM   #20
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Two things. A blog post questionnaire would not be accurate and is easily gamed. A professional survey company will choose a sample that more closely represents the users of Fastmail or whatever subgroup they wish to know more about.
They could easily only accept answers if the questionair was answered by someone whose account followed certain criteria. I don't think it would be hard to apply selection criteria.

Regarding the rest of your comment, it's bad practice to share your costumers email address. This is not even a discussion. Your customers shouldn't have to waste their time blocking spam that was caused by the email provider itself. There are also possible privacy/security implications.

Quote:
The issue has now been escalated directly to me, and I have replied outlining both the steps we have taken, my apology on behalf of the entire company, and what we can do in future to monitor the address and see if the exposure to a known third party has resulted in it being used by spammers.
You are ignoring a whole range of issues here, in my opinion. Receiving spam is not the only problem with what you just did. Monitor the address for that will not solve the fact that you shared an email address with a third party without the consent of the owner. And your TOS probably mentions something about third party usage but still.

Last edited by 17pm : 14 Apr 2018 at 05:21 PM.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote