View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2019, 01:31 PM   #394
RLBrooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by an3 View Post
Unlimited email addresses.

Using the format <anyname.folder@username.fastmail.com>, I'm able to give each company I do business with an email that is completely unique to them, which then gets filed into its own folder.
I agree, it is very useful. I use it for select purposes. However I feel it is incomplete. You don't have any way to limit the use of the addresses to only those YOU create and you don't have any way to make them go away should you not want them active anymore.

Since your username is part of the address, anyone that wanted to could send you emails to BOZO@username.fastmail.com or replace bozo with thousands of other names that you don't have complete control over.

To keep from totally polluting my FM account, I created some FM aliases and use those in my generated email addresses. If I should get unwanted mail to random addresses as I described, I could kill the alias. That means I'd have to first changes all the addresses that I want to keep.

I'd love for FM to create a real disposable email address tool around this concept (And I'd pay extra for it!). Until then I also use Sneakemail and E4ward which give me the complete control I feel this concept requires. (Note, Sneakemail has shut down new user signups for some time. No idea if they will ever be restarted. This is part the reason I also use E4ward; in case Sneakemail shutsdown.)
RLBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote