View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2006, 10:38 AM   #1
anj
Master of the @

help with filters and searches

I have finally gotten around to really using Gmail. I subscribed a few yahoogroups to a gmail address and am reading them on gmail. While the search features better than searching on groups.Yahoo.com, there a number of things I am frustrated by. Please point out any ways to do these things I may have not found.

1. Filters
I filter each yahoogroup into a corresponding label and mark archived, so that personal responses do not get buried among the groupmail in my Inbox. I filter by To:groupname@yahoogroups.com. Problem is many people do not put the address in the "To:" field and instead in the "Bcc:". The "Reply to:" adddress is still the group address, but how do I filter by the "Reply to" address? I need to do this in such a way that messages to the whole group get archived with the label, but messages to me personally do not.

2. Search form
In order to find new posts of interest I do a search like this:
label:yahoogroupname, is:unread, subject:aword
I have to type this manually each time because the search form does not have options to use more than one label or status. Is there a way to save this search for one click reference?

Thanks in advance for your help.
anj is offline   Reply With Quote