Thread: EMD Photo Page
View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2016, 12:06 PM   #523
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Bruce, I just sent you a photo. Hopefully my face is large enough in that "action" shot from last weekend. I didn't start growing the beard until 6 months ago, and I'm keeping it trimmed at the length shown.

I have been around computers a long time, many years before email was available. My first computer programming was on a Olivetti P101 (Programma 101) while I was in high school in about 1969, followed a couple of years later by Teletype and punched card access to the University of Texas CDC6400 mainframe computer. I was sending Amateur Radio messages (using Morse Code and FSK with a mechanical Model 15 Teletype machine) in the early 1970's, and these were essentially early forms of email. By 1980 I was using my second personal computer (a Zenith Z89), a couple of years before the IBM PC was introduced. In the early 1980's I was a member of SAHUG (San Antonio TX Heathkit User group) and we had a BBS (which was another predecessor to email). Around 1980-1982 I helped maintain the GTE Telenet (early packet switched network) terminal in Austin, TX. In the mid-1980's I had a Western Union EasyLInk account (an early electronic mail system before the Internet):

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote