View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2017, 09:16 PM   #9
TenFour
Master of the @

I see you have answered your own question, but I think it comes down to whether or not you need the functionality offered by the desktop versions of Office. Many businesses do, but others do not. I suspect that 90+% of individuals would be better served by G Suite or even the free Google offerings you get with an email account. In my experience having used both in a professional capacity I believe G Suite/Gmail are more than enough for many small businesses too, especially if what you do involves travel of any sort where having everything web-centric is important. Things like online document collaboration just work much more smoothly using Google products. My daughter, who is away at college, and I frequently share things via Google and she uses a Macbook while I am typically on an old PC running Ubuntu or on my phone. In my professional life we often resorted to simply emailing attachments around because the various Office solutions are so clunky, unreliable, and slow. But, it really depends on what you need out of your software. Some people are lost without the full power of Excel and Powerpoint, while others are very happy with the simplicity of Google stuff. Zoho is another free option and you can even have domain email through them.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote