Thread: Font Size
View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2021, 08:36 AM   #4
hans2010

No prob. Just to add...

Your FastMail "Settings" page has a setting called "Text Size", which defaults to what they call "Standard". So I take it that FastMail's default font size, whatever it is, is what you get with this default setting.

Aside from that, if you click on "Show advanced preferences", there's another setting, "UI Font", which has choices "System font" (which appears to be the default, and further depends on the settings in your OS) and "Proxima Nova".

A few peculiarities...

For unknown reasons, the FastMail "Settings" page offers more "Text Size" choices if you're using Google Chrome than if you're using Mozilla Firefox.

Also for unknown reasons, the "Text Size" setting is stored on the browser side, not the server side. That means if you aren't retaining cookies, or you sometimes use a different device (like a public computer), you'll have to re-select the "Text Size" in future sessions (if you don't want the default).

Also, just recently I'm seeing a font problem that I believe to be caused by Firefox version 92 on Windows. My usual settings in FastMail are "UI Font" = "System font" and "Text Size" = "Large". Now, the font just looks weird, and is excessively compressed horizontally, and therefore harder to read. The workaround is to either set "Proxima Nova" in the FastMail settings, or set "layout.css.system_ui.enabled" to "false" in the Firefox about:config.

Last edited by hans2010 : 24 Sep 2021 at 08:44 AM.
hans2010 is offline   Reply With Quote