View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2017, 05:41 AM   #44
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Quote:
After further investigation our administrators do not see any information on the server logs regarding the send mail messages, which means that they did not even reach our servers. In this case the issue is coming from the server from which the messages were send, so please contact the Comcast support for further assistance (to check their logs since the mails have never left from their server and resolve the issue).
Okay, that last one pretty much answers it, assuming that they checked the logs properly, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt as that's all we can really do. It's easily possible that they could miss connection attempts — depending on their log level these might not even appear —*but if Comcast were establishing an SMTP session that would certainly show up.

None of this is surprising to me, mind you, as from everything I've seen, my best guess right now is that Comcast isn't able to reach Freehostia's servers at all for whatever reason. Unfortunately, the trick is to find somebody at Comcast who knows what they're talking about and has the necessary access to look into the problem for you. Large ISPs like Comcast almost always insulate their actual administrators many levels away from the front-line support people, which is what makes trying to resolve issues like this so challenging.

This doesn't mean this isn't Freehostia's problem on some level, however, but as I said earlier, it's still up to Comcast to conclusively identify that. Despite being on page three of this thread, we're not a lot further ahead.... all we know right now is that Comcast is trying to deliver messages to Freehostia, but they can't get through and can't seem to figure out why that is.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote