View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2020, 06:59 AM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
Hey does is mostly about what stays out of the inbox (or imbox as Hey calls it) rather than organization.
Read some of the reviews. People describe a long process of answering questions about incoming email and then finding exactly what I expected--many emails still end up in the wrong places. For example, just the other day I received an email from the library using the same address they use for everything. Normally, they are routine communications like your book is due soon, but sometimes they might be something like the book I ordered has arrived, or the library will be closed for something. Another organization sends me various types of newsletters. Sometimes I want to read them, most of the time I don't, and some of them are more interesting than others. Won't be the same response every time. Other businesses I deal with seem to use a vast multitude of addresses for various things. It would be painful to sort them, so instead I glance at them and either delete, ignore, unsubscribe, or star. That's what I do with all emails. You just can't decide ahead of time whether or not something is going to be one thing or another. If you really don't want something from someone just unsubscribe or block, like you can with most email apps. I choose not to let Gmail sort my email into categories, because they are wrong as much as they are right. Just wastes time.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote