View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2023, 10:26 PM   #6
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by truemagic View Post
I'm getting accustomed to the new RoundCube skin (was previously using RiseUp which offers right clicking capability but I could not check what version of RoundCube it's running on, I think they purposely kept it hidden). At least I know MXroute is using the latest RoundCube 1.6.1 which to me is, perfect.
Does your version of RC allow you to change skin? The choice would be at Settings - Preferences - User Interface.

Mine (1.6.1) only offers two: "Elastic" and "Larry". Elastic is newer and one of those fancy ones that adjusts how much you see depending on screen size/shape so if one drags a laptop browser window small you get something that looks as if it's on a mobile phone. I prefer the older Larry.

I just looked at: https://roundcube.net/screens/ which shows official skins - none named Rise-Up. And also at the place where other skins are held.

I googled for "roundcube skin" "rise-up" and found NO hits for a skin of that name. What I did find was hits for lists of ubuntu packages where the lists contained roundcube packges and elsewhere on the lists references to a VPN named "Rise-Up".

Anyway, the reason I looked was I thought I might download whatever skin you are using and see if somewhere in its files I could find the apparently missing "About" link.

In "Larry" it executes JS

onclick="UI.show_about(this);return false"

I use Firefox; when I had a RC webpage open I opened the "web console" by pressing Ctrl-Shift-K, then clicked on the "console" tab, which gave me a place to type commands to the browser, then tried to paste a command in. Firefox warned that this could be dangerous and told me to confirm I wanted to, which I did. I then pasted-in and edited the command so it was just: UI.show_about() without enclosing quotes, without the "return" and without any parameter between the brackets, so - guessing - just the most basic request to get the About info, and pressed Enter, and up popped the About pane.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote