View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2017, 10:02 PM   #481
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwhamp View Post
Agreed completely. I've been a very happy user since 2004. Bamb0's unhinged hyperbole is legendary, if not occasionally entertaining.
Quite entertaining.

Let's see...
I've been an enhanced member for 14 years. Let's say i didn't take the multi year discount and paid full price.

Over 14 years I would have paid about $550. ASSUMING that bandwidth, storage, and server use was free (its not!), I could purchase $550 of a developer's time. That gets me, what? A total of 3-4 work days of a high quality developer's time - over a time of 14 years?

So what features does 3-4 days of development work entitle me to? Not much. That's assuming that the system was perfect and didn't require any maintenance either...

So to be fair to Fastmail, considering hardware, bandwidth, increased storage space, hard drives, processors, cables, heat, cooling, replacing failing memory, failed motherboards, etc. for all the equipment Bamb0 had access to, how much development time does Bamb0 get for the features Bamb0 wants? (hardware and maintenance are not free!!!)... Let's be generous and say Bamb0 paid for 1 day of development and the rest went to everything else. 1 day of development doesn't buy squat. Bamb0 is entitled to a new theme. That's about it.

This entitlement mentality has to stop...
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote