Thread: Undelete bug!
View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2019, 02:23 PM   #14
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvey View Post
You haven't proved my claim wrong - ... "In SIEVE, every message starts out in the inbox."
To quote rfc308 right in it's introduction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfc3028
Scripts written in Sieve are executed during final delivery, when the message is moved to the user-accessible mailbox.
To me "final delievery" is the point at which the message is ready for its final disposition and the sieve script is called to determine that. But if you choose not to accept then then that's fine. You realize you could settle this once and for all by simply submitting a ticket and asking FM. Tickets don't have to be problem reports.

Quote:
In any case, the behavior that bothers me the most is this:
When using the search feature, messages in subfolders of Trash are not considered to be in Trash:
I once argued in a ticket that the subfolders of trash inherits all of trashes attributes (or more generally a subfolder inherits it's parent's attribute unless overridden). Apparently their response to that is no longer allow subfolders of trash. They won't move the ones that are already there but if you move them out you will never be able to get them back in there again. I "walked" right into that one myself.

Quote:
When a standard search (which the documentation indicates excludes the folders Trash and Archive) is performed, emails in subfolders of Trash ARE searched and listed if they match the search criteria.
Because again they are "normal" user folders.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote