View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2019, 03:44 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I just tried this, and I think you have to use a PC (not an iPad or other iOS device). I have Dropbox installed on my Windows 10 PC, and I can authorize Dropbox using that Fastmail pop-up window. It then works fine. I believe that the limitations on how you link Dropbox to Fastmail are due to how Dropbox does this on their end.

Once you connect Fastmail to your Dropbox account on a PC, you can use Dropbox on any iOS device with the Fastmail app. It's a little erratic - sometimes I have to try it twice to get Fastmail to connect to Dropbox to get or store a file.

The Fastmail and Dropbox help are very confusing to me on this topic. I know that Fastmail is behind in updating their help pages at this time.

By the way, Fastmail just released a new build of the Fastmail iOS app this past week. I now have v2.2.0.2142 Production installed on my iOS devices. To see some of the new features, in the Fastmail app go to:
Settings > Device settings

Another new feature with the Fastmail app on an iOS device is that you can directly send a photo to the Fastmail app (creating an attachment to a new message).

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote