View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2021, 07:03 AM   #80
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
Just thought of something I'm curious about. When these DDOS attacks first started as I understand it it was on a number of email services. Then I thought there was a pause as the various services mitigated the attack. So when this problem reoccurred for FM are they currently the only ones now under attack? If so my thought is maybe FM shouldn't have posted that blog taunting the hacker(s) about what FM was doing about it.
There are always DDOS attacks occurring. I doubt that it’s known whether these recent attacks against certain email providers are the work of one person, a gang, or are copycat attacks. I’m sure that Fastmail isn’t the only organization under a DDOS attack by someone this week!

Did you mean the blog post below? It was published six years ago, and hardly a taunt. It was simply the facts, including that they (and most other reputable organizations) would not pay ransom to these criminals. That might be an illegal payment aiding a cybercriminal in many jurisdictions.
https://fastmail.blog/advanced/how-t...a-ddos-attack/

The blog post by the Fastmail Chief of Staff was also not a taunt. She simply stated the facts. If Fastmail had ignored their customers and not commented on their blog (and social media accounts), many posters here at EMD would have complained loudly.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote