View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2018, 04:39 PM   #33
JamesHenderson
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmc View Post
Good grief, what a HUGE pain in the @ this has been!! Oh, how I wish I'd never flucked around with those infernal server names. MAJOR customer-experience fail.
Sorry to heart that - The transition worked perfectly for me, but I don't think this was/is a FastMail issue. I have had many issues with Mac mail.app over the years.

I found that when things like this happen it's easier to completely reset mail as follows:
  1. Quit Apple Mail
  2. Navigate to the following directory and delete the entire folder: ~/Library/Mail
  3. Empty the trash and launch Apple Mail to reconfigure the client with new mail accounts and settings
  4. Factory reset Apple Mail and system settings
  5. Navigate to the following directories and delete only the folders listed below:
    • ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail
    • ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.interaccounts/Data/Library/Application Support/Mai
    • ~/Library/Application Support/Address Book/MailRecents-V4.*
    • ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail*.plist
  6. Empty the trash and launch Apple Mail to reconfigure the client with fresh settings and new account configurations

This deletes all mail etc off your Mac but everything should all just re-sync with your imap accounts again. ...don't do this if you have other pop accounts though.

J.
JamesHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote