View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2017, 07:33 AM   #97
DigitalOrchard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kservik View Post
Yes, we have been there for a while. We use Git and we have a full replica of our production system for development with separation of all services and most developers get their own servers.
That's great, so curious why we're not seeing improvements on a daily (or even weekly) basis? If everything is in place and it's working well, you should be able to arrive at some type of ETA for final deployment.

I think having the full system on runbox.com (at /mail) over-complicates matters. It may have been a good time to separate into separate components that work together. At least this is how I approach my infrastructure - clean separation between components so it's not just one giant cluster that's difficult to upgrade and manage. It would be my assumption that this is why it's been such a long and drawn-out project — just too much built into one mammoth, monolithic system.

Imagine:
- www.runbox.com — the main website
- webmail.runbox.com — for checking webmail, that's it!
- manage.runbox.com — for managing an account, sub-accounts, etc.

Separate systems that work together. But I'm sure it's far too late to offer this suggestion. You already do this for `support`, `status`, etc. so I know you're not deaf to this idea.

Looking forward to seeing some improvements, and final deployment so I'm not having to dance between two different browsers to log into my various accounts.

Keep up the great work!
DigitalOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote