View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2005, 03:37 PM   #11
Dan23

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Do yourself the favor and stay as far away as you can from AOL and any service they offer. (And get yourself a third party IM client to avoid the adware and spyware and viruses you get from AIM)....My family has had DSL through our telephone company for years now, yet my pop still shells out $15/mo. to AOL JUST TO KEEP THE AOL EMAIL. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?!

(I'm trying to pry them away, believe me, I'm trying.)

Trip
Agreed! I'm trying to tear my dad away from AOL too and I don't think he wants to have to relearn another browser/email server. How hard can it be?

Anyway, bluebottle looks pretty good but it's missing some key stuff, like:
1) HTML authoring
2) Cyrillic encoding (it won't display Russian typed in Windows XP)
3) Viewing no. of new messages in all folders at once
and it only takes up half my screen, which is really annoying. Why can't I widen it to 1024 pixels?

I tried Gmail and I couldn't stand it.

I checked out webmail.us demo and it looks very attractive, but it looks like it's for small businesses only. I mean, $60/year? I'm not a business, I'm a college student (who doesn't want to use his .edu address).

Most other services do not support Cyrillic text either. Fastmail doesn't. Runbox doesn't. Slashmail.org does until you send a reply, and then the quoted cyrillic text turns to gibberish. Close though!

This is becoming very frustrating.

Dan
Dan23 is offline   Reply With Quote