View Single Post
Old 24 May 2020, 07:15 AM   #6
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

The problem with doing that is that if you happen to be making changes to your sieve script or creating new rules in the UI while in the "new" rules mode and for some reason want to revert back to the "old" you will lose those changes. In other words FM saves your rules state (both sieve script and UI rules) at the time you switched from "old" to "new" and reverts back to that saved state if you switch back to the "old".

For those of us with such accounts I don't know what FM will do when the "new" becomes the only choice. Will they preserve what you currently have if you are already using the "new" or will the simply revert you back to the saved state and go from there?

Logically I would think they would just use what you currently have in the "new" if you are already using "new". But being a bit paranoid I don't want to take any chances. Hence I'm sticking to the "old" and occasionally verifying in the "new" or to see what other changes have been made in the "new" sieve code out of curiosity. I'm in no hurry to switch since the "new" doesn't offer me anything I really need.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote