View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2018, 10:17 AM   #10
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
The lifetime of a Guerillamail address is 1 hour.
In that email I'd include "I mail you from a temporary address, so don't respond here, but..." followed by the actual message. As I said, it was fine for brief messages such as "meet me at 8PM in the pub" but obviously not for any serious stuff.

Also, while i've also used GuerillaMail to sign up with to forums etc, it should be noted it's important to make sure to remember the password. Because obviously the "forgot password" recovery link won't function if the email address isn't existing anymore. Unless you count on just re-"registering" with GuerillaMail but since you never know the stability and how long such services will survive, better not rely on that plan. For a forum I'm planning to use for long time and for serious dialogues, I'd not use a temporary email address.
An alternative, when you don't want the forum owners to somehow find out your real email address, could be to create an email forwarding address. That way you hide your actual mail address, but you're also able to recover your password should you ever forget it. Maybe a better option even than a temporary mail address.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote