Thread: email migration
View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2017, 12:30 AM   #1
chiptape

email migration

Hi.

I'm running out of disk space at my webhostingpad.com cpanel web host. They won't give me more space, because I am in violation of their TOS, because I'm using too much space for email.

There's about a dozen email accounts on a subdomain that I manage for a friend. I reconfigured one email account from IMAP to POP to save space, but I don't really like that, because now only his sent mail is kept on the server. So I'm looking for a different solution for another account that's taking up the most space.

I'm thinking of migrating to gmail or outlook.com and setting up a forwarder in cpanel.

I'm testing the gmail migration and have a couple problems:

1. My friend uses Outlook, so that's a headache. Maybe he could use outlook.com?

2. I'd like sent emails to appear as from xxxx@[my subdomain.com] instead of xxxx@gmail.com. I configured a reply to address, but can you configure a default "send from" address? The "from dropdown" in Outlook's "compose mail" isn't very convenient. You have to select your "from address" every time you compose an email.

3. I've been using a forwarder with my main domain, and it's not very reliable. Do I need to do something with MX records in addition to setting up the forwarder? Or did I mess it up when I deleted the email account after setting up the forwarder?

Can you suggest solutions to the above gmail issues, or can you suggest alternatives to gmail?

Thx
chiptape is offline   Reply With Quote