View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2023, 06:48 PM   #3
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

This reminds me of the time I was trying to rent an apartment for my 8 months stay in the USA in 1998: they wanted me to Prove i was able to pay" by providing documents that show a monthly income of at least four times the rent. I told them i could prove I was able to pay by paying for the whole time in advance. I could not prove that I have the monthly income because I didn't have any: all the funds for my 8 months visit were already in my bank account (actually I think they were in one $10000 cashiers' check and $8000 in travelers checks, and some cash in various currencies, but one or two days later they were I the account I opened in a local bank). They refused to be paid in advance. Eventually I found another place that was better and also more reasonable in what they accept as "proof one is able to pay" (they didn't ask me to pay in advance, and they accepted my host's statement that I'm covered and the US Immigration documents that say I have enough funds to be granted visa).

The point: making assumptions on how customers can make payments often misses some odd cases.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote