View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2011, 08:41 PM   #12
AlvinT

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Al, you first need to get one client working at a time. You should be sure that you have followed the setup instructions in the Fastmail help for your Mac. There are many here (but not me) who can help with the Mac setup. And look around here for Android IMAP instructions -- I don't have one, so can't personally help with that, since it's not in the Fastmail remote email setup help.
  • Be sure you have subscribed to the Fastmail folders you care about (in the Mac client).
  • Be sure you don't have trouble with the INBOX or INBOX. (with a period) IMAP root folder prefix.
  • If you look at your account in the Fastmail web interface, be sure you don't have subfolders of Inbox. These cause difficulties with some clients.
  • To test things, send yourself test messages (to your own Fastmail address) in your email client. Assuming you don't have any rules which affect them (or alias target setup problems at Fastmail), these test messages should show up in your Inbox immediately. Depending on the client, you might need to refresh the display to see new messages. This is how the Fastmail web interface currently works, requiring use of the Refresh button.
Bill

Thanks Bill ... but the fact is my phoneapp (android mail) has IMAP installed and it is working fine!

The issue is with the Mac mail app...and now that seems to be working, sometimes, although the fastmail inbox seems slow to load. We'll see how that goes.
AlvinT is offline   Reply With Quote