View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2021, 12:06 AM   #3
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

I've looked at PolarisMail and Soverin.net only briefly so I can't fairly comment on your areas of concern, but at some point I want to take a deeper look, they both seem promising to me for different reasons. If folks have experience with those two, I'm also interested.

I have come to like Mailfence.com over time -- I currently have an account there (which I originally got for testing encryption services) and initially I was frustrated with them (some things are just not as polished as I would like), but over time my opinion shifted to be more positive. I have not had delivery issues so far, and it's been reliable in terms of uptime, although I don't use it as much as other services so YMMV. I like their privacy policy compared to many other services, improved jurisdiction over US-based services, and encryption features (both OpenPGP and password-based with expiration which comes in handy) so it can cover a lot of situations. I do not use it with custom domains, so I can't say how well that works. I have had some minor issues with their webmail interface and message threading though, but in all fairness some webmail just doesn't handle threads as well as other services. Perhaps with time it will get better. You can disable threading so it's not a huge concern compared to other issues, but I wish they would refine it. Overall Mailfence is pretty good IMO. Higher marks than many other services especially with regard to privacy and encryption options.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote