View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2018, 10:37 PM   #26
Walter Eagle

I'm not really contributing to any solution here, other than to say I find the FastMail mail editor really capricious (hey, there's a good word!). When composing or editing a mail, in a browser interface on my PC, I find it spontaneously throws in <CR><LF> between words, in the middle of words, anywhere. If I backspace to erase one of these, it will almost certainly insert another elsewhere in the text.

I'm sure it wasn't always as bad as this. I've certainly become much more conscious of these rogue <CR><LF>'s over the past 6 months or so.

It got so bad that I started composing emails in a text editor and then copy-and-paste to Fastmail. I've now reached the stage where I've bought a different mail client, simply to use as the front end to Fastmail's services. Now that is crazy! But it is rock-solid when editing, and offers a far greater flexibility for formatting and organising text than Fastmail's editor ever did.

I do very limited work with Fastmail in Android (mainly reading rather than writing) so I'm not aware of how well or badly it performs there.

I used to be a strong advocate of Fastmail, but somehow I get the impression that it's getting a little frayed at the edges and not keeping up development with sufficiently innovative ideas to maintain its reputation.
Walter Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote