View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2017, 03:45 PM   #9
anftr

Talking

In my extensive search I find this email provider: https://amail.centrum.cz/

They have 15MB file attachment limit and Them smtp can be used only if you are inside them country. Even If you are them native, but go on trip to USA... you will be no able to use them smtp while in USA. I no try to search more info for them service after this. Because them language is unknown for me.

I will assist you, You can offer me some email provider and I'll test it for you.

/\/ \/\ /\/ \/\ /\/ \/\ /\/ \/\

It's very difficult for me to find comprehensive list of popular IMAP service providers. In my search, I land here: http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/imap/isps/

Below 10% of email servers listed there fall in the group of normal post office, posthouse. It's likely I to was miss some still working website... but after 90% of entries there fall in one of this two groups:

() Or The server is defunct, closed.
() Or It's server for very advanced users, who need website hosting mostly... and after the need for hosting... they might so well like to host and emails to the website somewhere too...

It appear to me, this list is historic artifact. I'll be happy if someone show me list,,,, it'll be better -
comparison table of more modern times.

I'm very advanced user, I'm able to make website, configure DNS entries, to attach my email client over IMAP to freely hosted mailbox attached to free domain name. But I'm somewhat lazy to do it for mailbox what I'll visit one time in the year.

I think zoho fall in this category, they concentrate them attention to hosting wikis, form of websites. And the mails are not important for them. You can however offer me servers by this category. Most likely, I'll no use them, if configuration involve more time. In most cases, I type the email address and password and my email client do it all automatically.

If I make website, I'll redirect people to facebook fan page... where they to sent private messages. It's very nice to see the profile of the sender, photos, etc... Emails are more some kind of anonymous. Serious people no need to be anonymous.

Other category of very promising locations to find good mail servers are the search engines. I just build this stereotype in myself. Search machines try to find information in every possible location where they can. Google like example. They love to scan emails of them users for useful information. CIA have secret contract with Google, I can not be sure for the content of the contract (after it's secret)... But after CIA (spy agency) is involved... My imagination can work pretty well...

For this kind of group... The information is very important... And I expect longer time... the information in my emailbox to be available. From there I expect... longer inactivity period before my account closed.

So, I'll like to point to me some search engines and I to test them IMAPS services. My stereotype could be wrong, but I like to test.

Do you get other Idea ,where can be found good webmail? Share it.

George_B give the idea that the hosting should get a lot of money by advertisement. Since in modern time, people use Facebook... It's natural... the webmail provider to concentrate them business somewhere else. So I doubt good website purely for mails. It'll be attached some news agency to it, users to reed mails, news, advertisement, etc... Or it'll be attached some social network... users to see mail, photos, advertisement, etc...

Other promising location where powerful webmail servers could be found is... Popular highly ranked domain name what do a lot of impressions of its webpages. But the mail service is not them base business, They show the advertisement somewhere else, mostly. Google like example. When you search in Internet, they build profile for you... and when you visit website powered by them advertisement system, the website show advertisement related to your recent searches. Google want to help you to find what you need... And someone pay them, what you to find. A lot of Businesses love the customers to find them.

Say me location, where a lot of advertisement is shown and I'll test them IMAPS.

Since the hosting is expensive. But for ISP is good to host for you, he to no pay hosting. After you buy hosting for your mailbox... you're linked to him... and if you stop being him customer... you'll lose your mailbox address... And if it's popular address, you'll be very unfortunate man.

Like result, its very profitable for the ISP to bind yourself to him with free mailbox on him server.

But see... After I love free Wi-Fi hot-spots... This kind of solution is definitely not for me. Please, do not offer me ISPs what are open only to them customers. In the moment I see, it's ISP website, immediately I understand... it's not for me. I build this stereotype, after I visit a lot of ISP websites what offer free IMAPS... but neither one of them have this offer for outsiders...

But if you can surprise me, ISP with free service for outsiders, let's do it.
anftr is offline   Reply With Quote