View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2005, 01:13 AM   #19
MarkD

Interesting thread. I currently have accounts at 5 different E-mail services.

1) FASTMAIL (2001-present). My main e-mail account. I use it to centralise all of my personal (non-work) e-mail. Having used the net for 10 years now, I have gone through a few different addresses and a number of my older ones are still active but just forward to FM. I have an enhanced account, and so get to use my own domain with 2 gigs of storage plus all of the filtering/sieve tools and virus/spam filtering. I use FM for this because I have not come across any other e-mail service yet that is as powerful, flexible and customisable. Also because it's Fast. I mostly use the web interface.

2) RUNBOX (2001-present). Just before I discovered FM, I used Runbox. I have kept my account there and use it only to forward all of my e-mail from work. Our corporate network is too well hidden behind security, and so to access my messages with my phone (Sony Ericsson P910i), a copy of all messages are forwarded to my Runbox account. I am considering just using FM for this when my Runbox account next comes up for renewal.

3) YAHOO! (1997-present). I moved to the UK for a few years back in the mid-late 90's and I got a yahoo.co.uk address. I don't use e-mail at Yahoo at all any more. I use my Yahoo logon to access other Yahoo services though.

4) GMAIL (2004-present). Got an invite and signed up to check it out. It's ok for a freebie, but it's got a hell of a long way to go before it challenges my paid account at FM. Plenty of room though, not too sure what I'll do with this account.

5) BIGPOND (2000-present). This is my ISP. This e-mail address came with my cable internet account. I don't use it - the address forwards to my FM account.

Before these I have also briefly used 020.co.uk (no longer active), and before that I just used my isp's e-mail (went through about 5 before I got my current cable connection).

MarkD
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote