View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2004, 06:37 PM   #1
voxson

a really simple-to-do feature that i'd appreciate a lot: translated last login IP's

Most people ask for features that are useful (and i'd want them, too) but I understand they might take a lot of time to implement! What I'd like is a lot simpler and I believe really easy to do. It's about the "Last Login" message. I would so appreciate it if the IP was automatically translated into a hostname, appearing something like that:

Last login 01.07.2004 12:21:08 from somedialupusee.aol.com

instead of just dusplaying the IP address. This would be useful because it gives you an immediate and easy overview on where the last login was from, thus increasing the security of your account. For people who connect from many different networks or from ISP's with a wide range of IP's it's really hard to keep track of the different IP's and immediately know it was you who last logged in to the account, unless you manually translate the IP's with other software which of course you can't do all the time!

I think the feature would be useful and probably only needing a few lines of code and a minor load to the network but I think it's definitely worth it!

Thank you
voxson is offline   Reply With Quote