View Single Post
Old 21 May 2017, 05:07 AM   #1
MHartfield

Alternatives to Fastmail due to interface change?

I'm SO frustrated with Fastmail. The new interface sucks big time! Many messages to support must be being answered by a computer, because I am wasting a lot of time having to respond because their answer doesn't address the question. IMHO, the GMail interface is better than the new one, which is horribly in-efficient. FM has taken what was easily the BEST interface ("classic") and turned it into the worst. No support to add emails from a message, can't see the address groups, no more "delete & next" (apparently because FM has decided to pander to the idiots that accidentally misuse it)... They new interface looks real slick with its grey text, which FM has to make larger because it's very difficult to read, so there's at least 50% less data on the screen, which also makes it mind-boggling slow at times. I could care less about looks... I want quality!!! The classic is much easier to read...I could go on and on. I do emailing to several groups, including my High School's 50th reunion, and I'm forced to use the new interface at times to get the graphics correct.

Why doesn't FM have the courage to provide a LIST of discontinued features, instead of trying to force me into horribly-time-consuming work-arounds? It takes 2 or 3 attempts at support before they will finally admit that a feature simply does not exist in the "new" interface.

Support is horrible, and, if anyone from FM is reading this, look at the support tix for mikehartfield@fastmail.fm. You are burning hours of my precious time with no consideration for me!

Sad, sad, sad... I joined FM 5 years ago, was a strong supporter of FM until this happened. Not that it's a big deal, but they probably got 5 customers from me.

What are my alternatives? Staying with this horrible "new" interface is not one of them. I am so disgusted and, from reading other posts, many others are also. Is FM management aware of how many dis-satisfied customers they have???... I do not think so.

----
Mike Hartfield, CPA
Small Business CFO, Taxes, and Accounting
Office: 661/309-4681 • Cell: 818/433-5359
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-hartfield/15/306/961

Last edited by MHartfield : 21 May 2017 at 05:16 AM.
MHartfield is offline   Reply With Quote