View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2019, 11:38 AM   #53
WheelDeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Sure, tell us more about Mailfence. What are you doing for use on your smartphone? For me it would be a bit pricey unless I didn't import my old emails since I would need to go for the Pro plan at about $8.40 per month.
My apologies for the slow reply.

Briefly, I've encountered two flaws. First, the sign-up process seems an unnecessary hassle. Mailfence requires an e-mail address--not an issue for me. But my attempts to register with my domain e-mail were met with silence. I contacted Mailfence support; they said their system had marked my domain address as spam. Indeed, I had to try a few addresses before I found one that worked.

Secondly, the mail interface crashed as I was composing an e-mail, although the message contents did get saved to the "Drafts" folder. Thus far, it's happened only once.

Regardless, I quite like Mailfence. The service is sophisticated without being cluttered, and it offers several security-related options that are suitable even for those who don't use PGP.

As for smartphone access, I'm simply planning to use the default iPhone app. I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited by WheelDeal : 18 Apr 2019 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Added smartphone comment
WheelDeal is offline   Reply With Quote