View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2022, 06:50 AM   #9
hydrostarr

Question Spam/non-Spam processing is WAY too slow for 120k+ emails

Update: the Spam/non-Spam processing going WAY too slow.

After 4 days the spam counters show 6k emails have been processed. That's a ~1.5k/per_day rate. And the counters suggest the daily rate may be _slowing down_. I currently have 120k marked-as-spam-and-not-spam emails in queue to process... and this will most-likely grow every day (possibly dramatically) as I mass-add emails to my "Ham / non-Spam" folder. This will take months at the current rate. I have created a ticket with Fastmail on this.

I doubt they'll have good answers, once they finally send me a meaningful reply. (I'm not yet having great Fastmail-tech-support experiences, fwiw.)

My current idea: run a bayesian-database-generating gizmo on one of my own machines/servers and given them the data and they insert said spam-bayes data into whatever mechanism they have. And I'll work to generate compatible data for the "import." However... I'll be surprised if I'll be able to get them to do this.

Fwiw, I have a Fastmail "Professional" membership (the biggest/baddest/most-expensive one they have). I keep asking them if there's ways I can give them more money for more service, features, performance on every tech-support topic I ask about. They have yet to take me up on the offer. Eventually I may come back to EmailDiscussions.com to see who might give me direct access to a smart/capable/authoritatively-enabled Fastmail development/tech-support/operations manager. Until then, I'll work the process a little more to see where I can get.

Last edited by hydrostarr : 30 Jan 2022 at 07:39 AM.
hydrostarr is offline   Reply With Quote