Thread: oddpost
View Single Post
Old 16 May 2003, 04:01 AM   #21
oysterquartz
The "e" in e-mail

Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by admiralu
If you like it and it works for you then more power to you. When I had an account there, it was only 30MB of storage. I just didn't use it that much. I still think that they are pricey for the amount of services received. I have a full account at FastMail with more features and 50MB of storage for $19.95 a year and one with MailSnare with 50MB of storage and lots of features. Oddpost can't match the list of features that these two and even Runbox have.
Oddpost has a very elegant interface, good spam filtering (I find it better than .FM's) and an extremely elegant UI. Personally, I find it worth the $30 for its elegance and ease of use.

I know quite a few .FM users who rave about being spam free (for example) until the start getting spam having not realized that they have to 1) enable spam filtering and 2) set up filters!

There is much to be said for Oddpost's approach. I just don't think that they are overly concerned about buidling a public user base, as they really seem geared to selling licenses to corporations, etc.

As for a feature comparison, there are other services which certainly offer much more than fastmail.fm does .... so you can go on comparing all day
oysterquartz is offline   Reply With Quote