Thread: Gandi.net 2FA
View Single Post
Old 20 May 2018, 09:02 PM   #5
edu

I have full access to Gandi v4, but not with my username in Gandi v5 (from the same account). I had 2FA in both v4 and v5 before. Months later I disabled 2FA in v4.gandi.net and deleted the code. I didn't know that trying to login in Gandi v5 would be impossible because it uses another 2FA. I couldn't remember after all that time.

So, even I can manage my domain and even delete all, I need to send my ID and a form to delete my 2FA in Gandi v5. It can be by mail or email.

My concern is that sooner or later Gandi v4 could dissapear, and they don't understand my situation: that NOW I HAVE FULL ACCESS TO MY DOMAIN via Gandi v4, they only answer always the same: send the form and your ID to delete the 2FA in Gandi v5.

Nothing about my telephone number to contact me to restore the 2FA, even in my account they have my telephone number. Searching in the wiki I see that it's correct to ask for my ID and the form filled to delete the 2FA, but... I HAVE ACCESS NOW, it's not that I can't access to manage my domain anymore. I CAN ACCESS BUT USING V4, THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE and they don't understand it.

So, I sent them the form filled and a copy of my ID, to avoid losing my account if someday Gandi v4 dissapears. INCREDIBLE BUT TRUE. Now I must wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Could you please expand on this?

You have lost the access to 2FA on Gandi v5, and you have to "send the documents" to Gandi?

What exactly are the documents you have been asked to provide, and by "send" do you mean you have to post them to Gandi by snailmail?

I was under the impression that if you had entered your contact telephone number into Gandi when enabling 2FA, that they would use this number to contact you if you lost access.

Is this not the case, or did you not provide your telephone number, or did you provide a telephone number that you no longer have access to?

I hope I'm not appearing to be critical, I'm just wanting to understand the situation completely.

And any additional information you can provide here on the forum may be of assistance to others encountering the same problem.

Last edited by edu : 20 May 2018 at 09:19 PM.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote