View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2018, 06:02 AM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

Another point is that storage often covers things like files, photos, phone backups, music, etc. when you are using a service like iCloud or Gmail with Google Docs. I don't know of anyone with an iPhone that is happy only getting 5GB of storage with their iPhones, and most people are full up and having to delete stuff. Google has some interesting ways of extending the usefulness of their free 15 GB of storage you get with a Gmail account. Documents uploaded and stored in Google's formats don't count against the storage limit and photos stored at "High Quality" don't count either. This vastly reduces the amount of storage consumed by items that aren't strictly email. In fact, I keep all of my current documents, photos, and miscellaneous other stuff within 5 GB of my free 15 GB, and I feel comfortable knowing I have plenty of space. Eventually, I do download and archive really old documents and I also keep photos locally on hard drives, but it is vastly useful having everything I need day-to-day instantly available in Google's cloud.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote