View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2019, 09:04 AM   #38
benaboo

Just another update. I got a little nasty with Microsoft's rep, after which he came back and requested more email samples of the time when the issue occurred. Luckily, I had done a LOT of tests and still had everything sitting in MS quarantine. I even gave them the messages in msg format, which is what they wanted for some reason.

Today I finally heard back from them.

They claimed the support team is not given access to decoded definitions of the Rule ID's in the X-Forefront-Antispam headers, so they finally escalated the case.

"The response we received back was a confirmation that upon analysis of these .msg files, engineering has modified the antispam filter to avoid tagging this type of message as spam in the future. When inquiring for further information, they were unable to provide further specifics, as the exact checks made by Exchange Online Protection spam filters are not disclosed externally for security reasons."

Since the messages were extremely simple, and should not in any way have looked like spam, I'm hoping this will help some of you. Maybe I'll even come back to Fastmail at some point.

Cheers.
benaboo is offline   Reply With Quote